Country Operations Director
What's the role about
We’re building a new team to become the future of Paysend. If you’re bursting with fresh ideas and want to join a world-beating FinTech company in its journey to the stars, then this opportunity is for you.
Ideally based in Miami and reporting to the USA Country Head & Global Head of Operations, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the B2B & Consumer Operations on a daily basis. We are expanding the range of Payment, Acquiring and Banking products offered by Paysend. You will contribute to the scalable growth of the overall business, and devise and manage the operating processes, procedures and controls for new products in the fintech fields of Banking, Payment Services & Acquiring.
You should have deep knowledge of FinTech products in the market today and in-depth understanding of the Operational Risks associated with offering payment and banking services to various types of SMEs. As Operations Manager you will be an excellent communicator and experienced in running an Operations function with the ability to identify and resolve issues quickly.
In this role you will partner with Sales, Technology, Finance, Compliance, Product and other operational support teams in London and across Europe to devise and implement Paysend’s strategy for our industry-leading products across the US market. This will include but is not limited to new operational processes, controls and risk management, managing recruitment and staffing, managing issues and escalations to ensure that Paysend grows and then operates in a safe and controlled way.
This is a key role at the heart of operations and will support the USA Business in the Global Operations function.
What you’ll be doing
- Managing the daily operation for B2B and Consumer businesses in the USA
- Responsible for MTL operations and all applicable filings
- Building and optimising scalable operations processes to prepare the company for hyper growth
- Responsible for ensuring that all operational processes are correctly documented, up-to-date, and ready for internal / external audit inspection
- Managing client & vendor issues or escalations with a view to putting the client first and keeping all stakeholders informed at all times
- Leading the operations contribution for the development and implementation of core projects
- Working with our internal teams to define development priorities along with operational input in to design (BRDs) and support for new products / services
- Prepare new markets or products by executing full operational readiness testing. Post sign-off, provide ongoing operational support
- Maintaining a pristine controls environment - Identify and evaluate threats to the operation, develop alternative courses of action to avoid or reduce risk
- Working with our Operations & Technical Development teams to design and implement systemic changes to enhance / increase overall product functionality, quality of service & efficiency of the operation
- Responsible for Customer Service KPIs and overall customer satisfaction with Paysend
What you’ll need to be successful in the role
- 5+ years of deep experience managing a fast paced operations environment in the financial services sector
- Specific knowledge of card acquiring & payment processing, networks & associations including but not limited to US local networks, global networks, Mastercard / Visa OCTs, digital wallets, UPI, Google & Apple Pay etc.
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills, with the ability to handle several complex tasks simultaneously and also coordinate key issues / projects with a variety of stakeholders
- Previous experience of managing a remote team and supporting individual team members’ growth & development
- Ability to work under pressure and make sound and rational decisions even under stressful/ high pressure situations
- Strong interpersonal skills with a desire to work cross-functionally and in teams
- A self-starter with the willingness, and desire, to get the job done
- Passionate about technology and with an interest in disrupting the future with digital solutions
- Entrepreneurial spirit, and very outgoing, likeable, presentable, humble and naturally capable of interacting with others
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint)
Additional skills that would be beneficial
- Knowledge of card acquiring & payment processing, networks & associations including but not limited to US local networks, global networks, Mastercard / Visa OCTs, digital wallets, UPI, Google & Apple Pay etc.
- Experience in operations within a financial services environment
- Experience of creating & maintaining processes and procedure document creation
- Experience of communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Process re-engineering & continuous process improvement methodology is desirable
- Knowledge of transaction reconciliation is desirable but not essential