Founder Associate MBA - 3 month Internship
Founder Associate MBA Interns work within the Office of Strategic Management (OSM), a lean and elite team that drive high priority, strategic and operational projects for our Founders. You will report to the Global Head of Strategy and OSM (Jairo Riveros), work directly with our two Founders and support the wider Executive Leadership Team too.
Founder Associate MBA Interns are empowered with high levels of autonomy and there is no fixed structure, nor set of BAU activities. To succeed you must be comfortable with that ambiguity and have the ability to assess a problem, navigate complexity to define an approach, undertake the analysis and deliver a solution. This is a summer internship starting late June/early July.
What you’ll be doing:
Recent examples of projects our Founder Associate Interns have delivered include:
- Developing investment appraisals and supporting M&A activities
- Defining job family architecture from initial design principles to implementation
- Supporting our fundraising, contributing to the development of pitch decks, data rooms and financial models
- Creating Board materials and managing investor relations activities
- Securing partnerships and licenses to enable our global expansion
- Formulating vision, go-to-market strategy & executing delivery for new Products
- Conducting market, competitor and externality analysis
- Organizing and tracking company OKRs
- Assisting with writing this job description (we're always hands on!)
The role will require you to experiment, learn, adapt and develop in everything you do. Innovation, disruption and ownership are at the heart of Paysend’s success, and you need to be prepared to challenge the status quo. In return, you'll be treated as a trusted member of the OSM, have the space to grow and work on some of the most interesting projects for the company - this is an unparalleled growth opportunity!
Who we’re looking for:
We don't have a specific type, however, this role lends well to those who are adaptable, driven and keen to get stuck in. We are not looking for a finished product, we're looking for individuals who can demonstrate the right behaviours, have added value before and who want to continue to develop.
Key attributes we look for:
- Demonstrated they have thrived in a demanding environment
- Is a hyper-logical, structured thinker that formulates their own opinions and who enjoys working with data to back-up their work
- Has very strong communication skills and can engage with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit, and can overcome obstacles by acting as an owner
- No ego - we’re all on this journey together
- Embraces momentum and wants to make a positive impact from day 1
For the Founder Associate MBA Intern role, we’re ideally looking for current MBA students that are keen to gain experience with a prominent London FinTech company alongside their studying. We have had interns join for different time periods, ranging from one month to six months, full-time and part-time. Ultimately, we are quite flexible on the arrangement and willing to make exemptions for the right person, so long as it is mutually beneficial for both. The one thing we cannot unfortunately do is sponsor any visas at this point.