Five things to do this summer
Ever wondered why time flies in the summer? We don’t know the exact answer. But there’s something you can do to make the most out of the summer days.
Make a plan and enjoy the summer you will remember. Here are some tips to make it happen.
Put your smartphone away and take a book instead. Read at least a few pages a day and make it a good habit.
Pleasure in itself, reading contributes to your overall health and social life.
Here are some reasons why reading books is good for you:
- Reading increases your vocabulary. You may come across unfamiliar words and understand their meaning from the context.
- Reading helps you communicate with people. While reading, you may improve your speaking skills — your ability to express yourself clearly, concisely, and beautifully.
- Reading can protect against Alzheimer's disease. When you read, brain activity increases and is constantly in working order, which improves your brain’s health.
Take an online course
Whether you want to upgrade your skills, learn something new or change your profession, summer is just the time to do it.
Here are some tips on how to choose the course that suits you best:
- Read the respective articles on the subject to learn about the most recommended courses.
- If you want to change your profession, study the job description first, know what qualities are required, and select the course where you can obtain the necessary skills.
- Choose the course that matches your aspirations and contact its provider for more details and a schedule.
Online education requires a lot of self-control and self-management. The good news is that you can study at any time of the day. Make sure to plan your schedule to find the time.
Spend time outdoors
Even if you spend the whole day in the office, take breaks and walk outside. Vitamin D is essential for our health, and the easiest way to get it naturally is to spend some time in the sun.
Even on a rainy day, you may enjoy nature and walk a bit in the fresh air.
Plan some outdoor activities with your family and friends:
- Go on a picnic and play some board games.
- Play active games outside.
- Commit to regular sports activities in the fresh air.
To help yourself stay motivated, arrange some challenges with your friends and track the results together. Wherever you are outside, remember to use sun protection.
Eat more fruit and vegetables
Easy as it sounds, sometimes we forget about the basics. Remember to treat yourself with fresh fruit and vegetables.
Summer is a period of vacations. When visiting an exotic country, you can taste local fruit and vegetables. And why not ask the locals what is so special about their national food? You may then share your discoveries with friends on social media.
Here are some popular fruit and vegetables and how they make you healthier:
- Apples give you vitality, help deal with stressful situations, improve brain function, and strengthen the cardiovascular system.
- Bananas give you energy. They reduce bad cholesterol and normalise the gastrointestinal tract and the heart system.
- Tomatoes help you fight ageing and improve metabolism and digestion. They are also rich in vitamin C.
Please don’t take our word for it and contact your doctor who knows better what fruit and vegetables are best for you.
Treat your loved ones
No matter the season, being in touch with family and loved ones is essential. And, it’s good for health, too.
Hugs make us happier. There is hardly a person who needs instruction on how to hug. But when your family and friends are far away, Paysend is here to help you treat them.
- Send money to more than 100 countries
- Make transfers online at low fees and high speeds
- Be sure your transfers go swiftly and securely