Paysend is a global payment transfer company with several international legal entities, and we require an accountant experienced in both Irish and international accounting standards and regulatory reporting. You will have opportunity to report and collaborate on all Paysend entities within the group
As the Financial Controller you will have a key role with responsibility for the Paysend EU DAC Finance Function within a growing multi-national fintech company. You will have experience working in the finance function of a financial services company, or financial services audit team, and tackle any problem as well as coordinate multiple deliverables in a fast paced environment. You will need to have an analytical mindset and have incredible attention to detail to succeed in this role. You will have the opportunity to report and collaborate on all Paysend entities with the group.
This role can be fully remote but you will be required to come into the office from time to time. You will be leading a small team of finance experts and be expected to aid with their development.
What you’ll be doing
- Management of day to day finance function including preparation of management and statutory accounts and annual filings for Paysend EU DAC. Overseeing all financial control activities, e.g., month-end close process, preparation and review of management accounts, comprehensive balance sheet substantiation.
- Lead External Audit engagements and Internal Audit review and subsequent closure of any relevant recommendations. Ensure the reliability of the financial reporting (internal and external reporting).
- Reporting to the CBI and fulfilment of all regulatory requirements in relation to E-Money institution including submission of FINREP and Supplementary return.
- Ensuring that Safeguarding accounts are appropriately reconciled daily to the firm’s internal records and that the appropriate amounts of customer funds are safeguarded at any given point.
- Regularly monitoring the firm’s capital adequacy to ensure that sufficient own funds are maintained at all times to meet regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that a full suite of management information for monitoring the performance of the Company is prepared and reviewed within reporting deadlines.
- Providing executive management with high-quality financial information, summarising budget trends, analysing deficiencies and reporting variances to guide effective policy making and financial strategy including reporting to the Board of Paysend EU DAC.
- Understanding of payments business processes and development of systems and procedures to ensure strong financial controls are maintained. Understanding the flow of funds for new and existing products and how they should be accounted for.
- Manage statutory tax reporting for indirect and direct taxation.
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Supporting Group projects where required.
- Grow and manage PS EU DAC financial control team.
What you’ll need to be successful in the role
- Experience within regulated companies reporting to the CBI
- Experience of leading Financial services audits with external auditors
- Fully qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) with at least 7 years post qualification experience.
- Solid knowledge of accounting, financial reporting and tax.
- Strong analytical skills and advanced Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong focus on controls and processes and a high attention to detail
- Up-to-date technical skills and confident preparing IFRS and GAAP financial statements
- The ability to work closely with external advisers (audit and accounting)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - you will engage with colleagues on a daily basis and you’ll need to ensure processes and standards are being followed
- Strong people manager who can evidence development of staff
Ideally, you’ll also have
- High growth tech experience (preferably FinTech), as well as having experienced best practice in a larger organisation or external audit company
- High energy and creativity, an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to work autonomously in a fast growth and changing environment
- Deep understanding of NetSuite