How to send money from your card
- Click on the purple ‘New Transfer’ button at the bottom of the page.
- Choose the recipient’s country by clicking the drop-down box next to the ‘Recipient gets’ line.
- Enter the amount you wish to send or to be delivered to the recipient.
- Choose the transfer method. This could be ‘to card’, ‘to account’, ‘Paysend Link’, or ‘mobile airtime’. Please note that some transfer methods may be missing, depending on your recipient’s country.
- Check the transaction fee and the delivery time.
- Fill out the recipient’s details. Requested details may differ depending on the transfer method and the destination country.
- Type in your card details (card number, expiry date, CVV) and select ‘Continue’. Please note that your card issuing country must match your Paysend registration country, i.e. if you’re signed up under UK phone number, you will be able to use only UK cards to send money.
- Select ‘Continue’.
- Check and confirm your transfer details.
- If your card supports 3D Secure, you will be redirected to your bank’s 3D Secure authentication page (also known as Visa Secure, Mastercard Identity Check, etc.) where you will need to enter the password or a one-time code to authenticate yourself to your bank and confirm the charge.
For customers from the US, Canada and Mexico only: when you use your card to make a Paysend transfer for the first time you will also be asked to verify your card by a 5-digit security code sent through a $1 test charge to your card.
The charge will be refunded either when you successfully verify your card or at the end of the 48-hour waiting period. For more information about card verification, please refer to the ‘Card verification’ section.