Credit Risk Manager
What’s the role about
We’re building a new team to become the future of Paysend.
Reporting directly to the CRO of Paysend EU, the successful candidate will be responsible for helping to build and establish the Risk framework for Ireland and beyond.
In this role you will partner with colleagues across the network to design and operate a robust risk network
Paysend is a leading global provider of end-to-end payment solutions. Our core purpose is to enable businesses and consumers to transact seamlessly and quickly, regardless of physical location. We have established a base in Ireland from which we operate our regulated European business which is licensed and regulated as an Electronic Money Institution by the Central Bank of Ireland.
The Credit Risk Manager role is a second line of defence (“2LOD”) appointment reporting to the EEA Chief Risk Officer (“EEA CRO”).
What you’ll be doing
- Create credit scoring models to predict risks
- Research and evaluate clients’ and partners’ creditworthiness to predict risks
- Contribute towards development of the company’s credit risk appetite
- Manage credit risks related to B2B clients and business partners or providers of the Company, and credit risks generated by the Company’s products and services
- Develop and optimize new and existing business/merchant/counterparty/supplier onboarding processes, focusing on credit risk assessment and mitigation
- Develop credit risk management metrics to monitor and manage ongoing credit risk across the group.
- Monitor the quality of credit risk exposures and provide timely review/escalation of issues to the Chief Risk Officer and Chief Financial Officer.
- Monitor adherence to policies and taking/recommending actions required to correct any irregularities, amendments to policy and country/sectoral limits, as appropriate.
- Understand how the company’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Develop, review and update the Company’s credit risk management policies and procedures
- Monitor total credit exposure of the company vs. (credit) risk appetite
- Develop and manage on an ongoing basis a credit scoring and credit limit assignment policy
- Develop, monitor and manage the credit limits, guarantees and collaterals on an ongoing basis
- Monitor partner developments and adjust credit limits, collaterals and guarantees accordingly
- Cooperate with other Company’s divisions and/or the partner (as applicable) in case of defaults on payment plans, the collection processes on defaulted portfolios and sale of the receivables
What you’ll need to be successful in the role
- 3+ years of experience in the same or similar capacity in fintech or global financial institution
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in economics, banking and finance, or similar field
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to create and process financial spreadsheets
- Hands-on experience with accounting software
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent English
Ideally, you’ll also have
CRC, CCRM, FRM, CRM, PRM or other relevant certification
RM or CISI credit risk management courses